- A person of unsound mind.
- A person declared by medical personnel as medically unsound.
- A person considered to be a security risk.
- A person against whom there is a deportation order in force.
- A person who has been sentenced in a foreign country for extradition under the Extradition Act 1960.
Visa Requirements for Ghana Embassy in Turkey
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organizations, Diplomats and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit. .
- Processing of visas take five (5) working days. Express visas take fortyeight (48) hours.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry.
- Multiple entry visa endorsed for six months, for example; means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does not entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry, usually sixty days.
- Applicant should be a citizen of Turkey, or a citizen of one of the countires concurrently accredited to the Ghana Mission in Turkey, namely, Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Kosova or has evidence of legal residence permit in one of the afore-mentioned countries.
- Valid passport with expiry date of at least six (6) months from date of application for visa and at least two blank pages in the passport.
- A visa application form must be DULY completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English (QUADRUPLICATE) and submitted together with the following:
a- Four recent passport size photographs.
b- An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever
c- A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
d- Travel insurance.
PLEASE NOTE THE INCOMPLETE FORMS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL RENDER YOUR APPLICATION FOR VISA VOID
From Turkish Companies
- A letter in (ENGLISH) from employer or Business confirming your status.
- Certificate of incorporation of the company.
- Tax clearance certificate of the company.
- Evidence of employment covering copy of contract, pay slips, personal Bank statement etc.
Invitation From Ghana Companies
- Letter of invitation from person(s) of institution(s) in Ghana inviting the applicant.
- Two references are required. Please supply the Names and Addresses of Business Assocaties and their Companies as references in Ghana.
- A hotel may be used only as a second reference.
- Certificate of incorporation of the Ghanaian company.
- Certificate to Commence Business of the Ghanaian company.
- Tax clearance certificate of the Ghanaian company.
- Letter of invitation from person(s) of institution(s) in Ghana inviting the applicant with proof of Identification.
- Visitors must be possess a valid return or connecting flight ticket.
- Names and addresses of two references are required, one of which can be the Hotel where you will be lodging.
- Evidence of employment covering copy of contract, pay slips, personal Bank statement and work ID (if employed)
- Introductory letter from visitor's company.
PERSONS WHO ENTER THE COUNTRY AS VISITORS/TOURIST ARE NOT PERMITTED TO TAKE UP EMPLOYMENT EVEN IF THERE HAPPENS TO BE A VACANCY ON THE IMMIGRANT QUOTA OF A PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER
- Should be accompanied by a letter from your Collage Administrator or your Professor - stating the reasons for your visit.
- Financial means whilst in Ghana in English.
- LEtter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached during your practical training in Ghana. Please use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
- In the case of media personnel, i.e journalist, filmmakers, cameramen etc, press accreditation forms must be completed in addition to the normal visa application forms.
- These should be supported with letters of introduction indicating the purpose of the trip. Visas are issued subject to clearance from competent authorities in Ghana.
- Letter of accreditation mus be provided with your application.
MEDIA PERSONNEL MUST APPLY FOR ACCREDITATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY TWO WEEKS BEFORE VISA APPLICATION.
- A visa application from must be DULY completed in quadruplicate together with four (4) passport-sized photographs (paragraph 7 on the application from must include the full name, addresses and telephone numbers of the contact in Ghana. However, if the applicant has no contact in Ghana and his visit is for tourism purpose, the name of the hotel and hotel booking slip is required).
- The application should be accompanied by a Note Verbal from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassy or International Organization.
PROCESSING OF VISA TAKES TWO (2) WORKING DAYS.
Yellow fever is an acute viral infection transmitted by the Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes. It is endemic and epidemic in several countries in Africa, South America and Caribbean Islands. Case fatality rate is high in classic yellow fever epidemics. There is no curative medical treatment but however highly preventable by vaccination.
In accordance with the International Health Regulations IHR2005 which involves the below:
- Article 36(Certification of vaccination or other prophylaxis)
- Annex 6(Vaccination, prophylaxis and related certificates)
- Annex 7(Requirements concerning vaccination or prophylaxis for specific diseases)
All travellers above nine(9) months old coming into Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever at least Ten days before the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated the duration of the vaccination status should not be more than Ten years before entering Ghana.
Ghana is one of the countries at the risk of Yellow Fever transmission, hence the need for all travellers (including those coming from countries with no risk to yellow fever) to Ghana to have a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate or records indicating their protection from yellow fever.
As a result, Health officials at all ports of entry carry out vigorous checks on travel documents with respect to Yellow fever vaccination certificates in accordance with Article 36 and Annex 6 as depicted above.
Single Entry Tourist Visa (Must be used within 3 months from date of issue): €60
Single Entry Business Visa (Must be used within 3 months from date of issue): €60
Three (3) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €75
Six (6) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €100
Twelve (12) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €150
Express Visa Attracts: Double Fee
Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Cash payments not acceptable.
Payment should be made by Bank Transfer to the following bank details:
Bank: Turkiye Is Bankasi A.S.
Branch Name: Koroglu Street / ANKARA
Branch Number: 4234
Customer Name: Embassy of Ghana
Customer ID: 271149241Account Number: 4234-0445946
IBAN: TR69 0006 4000 0024 2340 4459 46
Swift Code: ISBKTRISXXX
An application for a visa takes minimum five (5) working days to process.
- Holders of Diplomatic Passports