- This form must be completed in duplicate and in Capital Letters and submitted (together with Four (4) recent Passport-size pictures) within at least five (5) days before the intended date of departure.
- Full names and addresses of references in Ghana should be stated (including telephone number, if available).
- Any information stated on the Form and subsequently found to be incorrect may render Entry Permit/Visa void.
- Applicants applying by post should provide Self-Addressed stamped envelopes.
Single Entry Visitors / Tourist Visa : €60
Three (3) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €75
Six (6) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €100
Twelve (12) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €150
Express Visa Attracts: Double Fee
Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Cash payments not acceptable.
An application for a visa takes minimum five (5) working days to process.
Express Visa takes two (2) working days to process.
Guidelines for Visa Applicants
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organizations, Diplomats and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- Processing of visas take five (5) working days. Express visas take fortyeight (48) hours.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry.
Special Note For Multiple Entry Applicants
- Multiple entry visa endorsed for six months, for example; means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does not entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry, usually sixty days.
General Requirements For Visa Applicants
- Applicant should be a citizen of Turkey, or a citizen of one of the countires concurrently accredited to the Ghana Mission in Turkey, namely, Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Kosova or has evidence of legal residence permit in one of the afore-mentioned countries.
- Valid passport with expiry date of at least six (6) months from date of application for visa and at least two blank pages in the passport.
- A visa application form must be DULY completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English (QUADRUPLICATE) and submitted together with the following:a- Four recent passport size photographs.
b- An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever
c- A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
d- Travel insurance.
PLEASE NOTE THE INCOMPLETE FORMS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL RENDER YOUR APPLICATION FOR VISA VOID
Visa Application Payments
- Single Entry Tourist / Visitors: €60
- Single Entry Business Visa: €60
- Three (3) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €75
- Six (6) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €100
- Twelve (12) Months Multiple Entry Visa: €150
- Transit Visa: €50
- Express Visa Attracts: Double Fee
- Processing Fee: €200
- Travel Certification Fee: €100
- Attestation Fee: €30
Payments should be made by Bank Transfer to the following bank details. Bank receipt as proof of payment.
Bank: Turkiye Is Bankasi A.S.
Branch Name: Koroglu Street / ANKARA
Branch Number: 4234
Customer Name: Embassy of Ghana
Customer ID: 271149241Account Number: 4234-0445946
IBAN: TR69 0006 4000 0024 2340 4459 46
Swift Code: ISBKTRISXXX
All payments and fees are non-refundable. Post paid returned envelop.
Yellow fever vaccination requirement for travellers across the frontiers of Ghana
Yellow fever is an acute viral infection transmitted by the Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes. It is endemic and epidemic in several countries in Africa, South America and Caribbean Islands. Case fatality rate is high in classic yellow fever epidemics. There is no curative medical treatment but however highly preventable by vaccination.
In accordance with the International Health Regulations IHR2005 which involves the below:
- Article 36 (Certification of vaccination or other prophylaxis)
- Annex 6 (Vaccination, prophylaxis and related certificates)
- Annex 7 (Requirements concerning vaccination or prophylaxis for specific diseases)
All travellers above nine(9) months old coming into Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever at least Ten days before the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated the duration of the vaccination status should not be more than Ten years before entering Ghana.
Ghana is one of the countries at the risk of Yellow Fever transmission, hence the need for all travellers (including those coming from countries with no risk to yellow fever) to Ghana to have a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate or records indicating their protection from yellow fever.
As a result, Health officials at all ports of entry carry out vigorous checks on travel documents with respect to Yellow fever vaccination certificates in accordance with Article 36 and Annex 6 as depicted above.